Data Diode / Unidirectional security gateway
The purpose of a Data Diode is to secure a variety of critical infrastructure and data protection problems, allowing data to travel in only one direction. The Data Diode transfers data between two networks with the highest protection possible. It is physically impossible for data to be transferred in the other direction since the fiber optical connection only allows one-way communication, guaranteeing information security.
From military network to worldwide companies
Historically speaking, unidirectional networks have been used by almost exclusively Defense and Defense connected companies with military network. Todays need however, has led to it being used by almost all security aware industries. The constantly increasing number of cyber threats affects companies all over the globe, invoking the need of reliable data diode technology for a trustworthy network isolation. As a leader in data diodes for classified networks, Fibersystem has the solution.
The advantages of Fibersystem’s Data Diode
- One-way connection between two networks (also known as Simplex)
- No physical risk of sending data in wrong or false direction.
- Fiber optical links for galvanic separation between networks.
- Can be used in any ethernet application using fiber- or copper connectivity.
- UDP and SNTP support.
- Sending logs to a log network.
- Sending video streams from sensitive video equipment / cameras.
- Transferring application and operating system updates.
- Remote monitoring of equipment or data.
- Time synchronization in secure networks.
- Sending/receiving alerts or alarms.
- Ethernet based, UDP support (Syslog, NTP, SNMP traps)
Extra advantages of Rack Modules Secure (60-00-7303, 60-00-7304)
- Tamper proof enclosure
- Riveted and sealed enclosure by default for assurance
- EMC and back channel protected in hardware design
- No crosstalk
- Multiple unidirectional barriers.
- The Rack Modules can be integrated in your existing solution/ product
- Rack Module Secure and Rack Module
- Rugged (see seperate Datasheet Data Diodes Rugged)
- Tempest Level A, EMSEC, RÖS U1 (see seperate Datasheet Data Diodes Rugged)
- 100 Mbit/s or 1000 Mbit/s
- Fiber Optical or Copper interface
Accessories for Rack Module
- Fibersystem 19 inch Rack System
- Fibersystem Single Slot Unit
Discover how easy a correctly designed product can protect your company – contact us today.